Welcome to the HMC Website!
The Hayward Motorcycle Club was started in 1946 and ran the first Cowbell enduro same year. We meet once a month in Castro Valley to discuss new agenda, plan family rides and talk motorcycle shop. If you like to have fun riding with the family, if you want to get started in racing cross country or enduros, if you like dual sport rides, if you want to find people to ride with, we have members that enjoy one or all of these. Being part of a club has its benefits.
- Published on Wednesday, 02 September 2015 00:15
Welcome 2015 District 36 / SRT Championship Enduro riders!
We are pleased to announce the details of the 69th Annual Cowbell Enduro at Upper Lake, CA.
The 2015 Cowbell will take place on Saturday November 7th 2015
Here is the flyer for the 2015 Cowbell Enduro
**** Interested in the new 'OS' Class? ****
This is a little something our President came up with for fun -
Are you a first time Enduro Rider, or maybe have just ridden a few?
Maybe you have rode several Enduros, but are not interested in investing in a computer?
Then go Old School!!
Test your time keeping senses and race like its 1980 again!
This is an all new class, no computers allowed, no District points awarded, but you still have a chance to win a trophy! We have the approval of the D36 Enduro Steward and if successful, maybe other clubs will offer this? You can still use a Jart Chart and a watch (or multiple watches), and you will still get a finishers pin.
‘OS’ class will leave after the C class riders. Each rider will still go through every check point and be scored on their time. All the normal rules apply, just like every other rider, just no District points are awarded.
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 01:08
A big group of HMC members met up with some regular desert riders this February in the California Mojave desert for an annual ride near Wagon Wheel OHV. Everyone had a great time, enjoyed the sites and history of the area. Please enjoy some pictures of the groups adventure spread across a few days.
- Published on Thursday, 13 November 2014 01:13
We had another amazing Cowbell Enduro this year. With the rain on Thursday night and clear skys on Saturday morning, it was perfect riding conditions! HMC would like to say a big Thank You to all the riders and volunteers that helped made a successful event.
Here is a picture of HMC member Jim presenting the overall winner Nolan Irwin his trophy
Here are the results
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 00:06
The 2013 Cowbell was another success! A huge thank you to everyone that attended, participated and helped out. We couldnt have done it without any of you. Here are some highlights -
- We had 127 paid entries, which was the highest number out of the first 5 Enduros in this season. A large handful of riders were first timers, which was great to see.
- A big thank you to club member Bill for fighting the pain for getting poisen oak in his eye and taking pictures of riders coming into Check 2, which can be seen here.
- This year we received a donation trophy for the Hard Luck award. There were several contenders, but we eventually awarded it to Ingo who came all the way to Middlecreek and could not get his bike started the morning of the event. Here is a picture of him holding his plaque.
Congratulations to all!
Here are the Results to the 2013 Cowbell Enduro -