Welcome to the HMC Website!
The Hayward Motorcycle Club was started in 1946 and ran the first Cowbell enduro same year. We meet once a month in Castro Valley to discuss new agenda, plan family rides and talk motorcycle shop. If you like to have fun riding with the family, if you want to get started in racing cross country or enduros, if you like dual sport rides, if you want to find people to ride with, we have members that enjoy one or all of these. Being part of a club has its benefits.
- Published on Tuesday, 08 December 2015 19:09
HMC tries to post our gatherings, which may include Enduros, play rides, family gathering and even non-motorcycle events. Here is a small list for the first few months of 2016. We will try to post more details closer to dates as they become available, but if anyone has any questions, drop us an email.
January 9th – Work Party at Upper Lake – Trail work** POSTPONED, new date posted soon **
February 12th – 15th Desert Ride – Wagon Wheel OHV near Ridgecrest
February 27th – Crab Feed in Hayward
March 5th – Piglet Family Enduro
March 6th – Club Ride/Picnic at Carnegie
- Published on Wednesday, 18 November 2015 23:12
It’s been a year already? 2015 Cowbell is in the books!
We had another successful Enduro this year. The weather and conditions were great for riding, albeit very cold in the morning. It rained, hailed and thundered a week before the event. The first arrow crew got caught up on the mountain and said they never heard thunder so loud. The hail was also so heavy it piled up on the trail like snow.
Another decent turnout of 123 sign ups and no major injuries which is always good.
For the first time two brothers rode pilot, but one didn’t make it. His rear sprocket decided to become a pretzel and wrap itself around the swing arm. Nobody was hurt and the bike was rescued the next day. Big thank to all that helped.
Big thanks to everyone that participated and volunteered this year!!
Here are the results
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 01:08
A big group of HMC members met up with some regular desert riders this February in the California Mojave desert for an annual ride near Wagon Wheel OHV. Everyone had a great time, enjoyed the sites and history of the area. Please enjoy some pictures of the groups adventure spread across a few days.
- Published on Thursday, 13 November 2014 01:13
We had another amazing Cowbell Enduro this year. With the rain on Thursday night and clear skys on Saturday morning, it was perfect riding conditions! HMC would like to say a big Thank You to all the riders and volunteers that helped made a successful event.
Here is a picture of HMC member Jim presenting the overall winner Nolan Irwin his trophy
Here are the results
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 00:06
The 2013 Cowbell was another success! A huge thank you to everyone that attended, participated and helped out. We couldnt have done it without any of you. Here are some highlights -
- We had 127 paid entries, which was the highest number out of the first 5 Enduros in this season. A large handful of riders were first timers, which was great to see.
- A big thank you to club member Bill for fighting the pain for getting poisen oak in his eye and taking pictures of riders coming into Check 2, which can be seen here.
- This year we received a donation trophy for the Hard Luck award. There were several contenders, but we eventually awarded it to Ingo who came all the way to Middlecreek and could not get his bike started the morning of the event. Here is a picture of him holding his plaque.
Congratulations to all!
Here are the Results to the 2013 Cowbell Enduro -