Welcome to the HMC Website!
The Hayward Motorcycle Club was started in 1946 and ran the first Cowbell enduro same year. We meet once a month in Castro Valley to discuss new agenda, plan family rides and talk motorcycle shop. If you like to have fun riding with the family, if you want to get started in racing cross country or enduros, if you like dual sport rides, if you want to find people to ride with, we have members that enjoy one or all of these. Being part of a club has its benefits.
- Published on Saturday, 06 January 2018 02:56
Hello HMC members/family and friends! Below are some free rides that several HMC members will be gathering at and we hope to see you there!
- February 17-19 - Presidents Day Weekend in the desert near Ridgecrest
- This is an annual trek made by many HMC members, family and extend friends. Most people camp for more days then just the weekend. Camping is usually very near the Wagon Wheel OHV site. Please shoot us an email if you would like specifics.
- March 4 - Family BBQ and ride, Carnegie
- Another annual event where everyone comes out for a great day. Free food sponsored by HMC, re-connect with friends, meet new friends, reminisce about the last Cowbell, etc. As always this event is open to anyone and everyone. We are always looking for new riders to join the gang (not an actual gang).
- Published on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 23:03
Here are the 2017 Cowbell results
- Published on Thursday, 17 November 2016 23:58
The 2016 Cowbell Enduro was the 70th annual Cowbell, and it was pretty great!
We had the highest number entries in serveral years, 161
One person got hurt, but walked away, One person had a broken chain and had to leave the bike in the forest for a few days. Other than that, everything went as planned.
The conditions were near perfect this year. Several rain storms ealier in the month made for very little dust, tacky trails, some large puddles and for the first time in many years, a running creek at the starting line!
Here are the results.
Make sure to check out some pictures too!
- Published on Wednesday, 18 November 2015 23:12
It’s been a year already? 2015 Cowbell is in the books!
We had another successful Enduro this year. The weather and conditions were great for riding, albeit very cold in the morning. It rained, hailed and thundered a week before the event. The first arrow crew got caught up on the mountain and said they never heard thunder so loud. The hail was also so heavy it piled up on the trail like snow.
Another decent turnout of 123 sign ups and no major injuries which is always good.
For the first time two brothers rode pilot, but one didn’t make it. His rear sprocket decided to become a pretzel and wrap itself around the swing arm. Nobody was hurt and the bike was rescued the next day. Big thank to all that helped.
Big thanks to everyone that participated and volunteered this year!!
Here are the results
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 01:08
A big group of HMC members met up with some regular desert riders this February in the California Mojave desert for an annual ride near Wagon Wheel OHV. Everyone had a great time, enjoyed the sites and history of the area. Please enjoy some pictures of the groups adventure spread across a few days.